Thursday, April 30, 2015

Buddhas Teas Review

Hello hello my lovely gals (and guys too), welcome back!This post is all about organic (certified) and good for you teas and my two cents about this tea and the brand in general, so let's jump right in, shall we?
A while ago I was offered some tea for a review via Instagram, and seeing that their teas are organic and good for you I said yes. When I checked their website I was surprised by the large variety of teas, you can shop by type (black teas, green teas, tea blends, chackra teas, etc) or by ailment (detox, energy, immune support, memory, liver function, etc) and they use unbleached tea bags and only natural ingredients.

They say:

Our Mission

Buddha Teas believes that a good cup of tea is not simply a beverage, but an experience designed to nourish the body and satisfy the soul. We strive to offer this experience to everyone through our vast collection of fresh, naturally grown herbal teas. Our mission is to provide high quality herbal teas at an affordable price, which everyone from the casual tea drinker to the seasoned tea connoisseur can enjoy.

Our Teas

Buddha Teas understands the importance of purity. While most consumer products today are processed and packaged beyond recognition, our goal is to get back to the natural. We offer 100% unaltered, organic and wildcraft teas made from the freshest herbs, carefully packaged in only bleach free tea bags. Our customers take comfort in knowing that they can enjoy a cup of tea without any harmful additives or toxins, and with our ever-growing collection of natural teas, each customer can choose a tea that perfectly matches their needs.

The Buddha Tea Promise

Buddha Teas promises not only a quality tea, but a rewarding experience with every purchase. We work to match each customer with the perfect tea through knowledgeable staff and customer education resources found throughout our site. We know that our customers are the backbone of our business, so we encourage any feedback to help us grow into a stronger business and insure every customer leaves satisfied. Our promise is that you will never find better quality, reliability or service than you will at Buddha Teas.


I say:
I was asked to choose one box of tea, and I asked for Zenergy (organic ginkgo biloba, green tea, ginger root, maca Root, ashwagandha)  or Genmaicha (green tea with toasted rice) and I got Genmaicha. Delivery was very quick, considering it came from US. The box that houses a tea is really nice, and sturdy, not your average flimsy box. Whoever designed the layout did a very good job. It also has a caffeine rating on the side of the box, I assume all their teas do, and that is very good idea, and so helpful if you are trying to avoid or limit it. The teas aren't cheap (you knew I will say this, didn't you?) and the box had a postage stamp of 12 dollars, which in total would make this tea a treat rather an everyday occurrence. Did I like the tea? Well, the taste was not what I expected, it's more toasted rice (nutty flavour) than green tea, so it's safe to say it is not my cup of tea :) (sorry, couldn't help myself) My friends and loved ones declared it "burned tea" and refused to drink it, so I will use up the rest in some other ways, for example will make a scrub out of it! That's right, nothing goes to waste in our house.  The fact I didn't like the tea is rather unfortunate and it makes me wonder if i liked the other tea better, but I do appreciate them sending me the product, it is in no way their fault, don't let this dissuade you from checking them out or buying from them. Just if I placed an order from them I would go for my favourites, rather than getting something new to me? I think they are doing a good job in bringing us organic products, and we need more of organic everything! If you want a good quality tea without cheap fillers or pesticides by all means, go for it!

1 comment:

  1. Genmeicha is an acquired taste. So it was not surprising that you found it difficult to swallow 😀😀 However that being said , it was generous of them to send you that expensive tea. I do like the idea of a caffeine rating.

    ReplyDelete