Monday, April 11, 2016

DIY make up brush sanitizer cleanser spray



Hello Lovelies,



Welcome back! And if you are new here, welcome 💕💕💕



Today I have a super simply DIY for you, and really, what could be easier? Just two ingredients (three if you count the spray bottle) - all you need is rose water and tea tree oil! (Mine happens to be organic, but it does not have to be). If you don't want to or can't use rosewater, you can use any other floral water that is suitable for your skin. Or distilled water. Plain tap water is not suitable because it will go bad in a few days.
How to do it? Well, it is pretty self explanatory, but if you want me to be specific, here's how - fill 200ml bottle with rose water, add 10-20 drops of tea tree (also known as melaleuca) oil and voila, you are done! Tea tree oil is an antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiseptic, antiviral and many other good things that I won't go into details of, but in this instance it makes it perfect for a purpose of cleaning and disinfecting your make up brushes in between proper washes. I use this spray after every use and clean the brush on the paper towel, and properly wash all the brushes every week. After getting dermatitis on my face I am anal about not getting any bacteria on my brushes or make up for that matter. Why risk infections, right?
One word of caution before you start, please do a patch test to make sure you are not allergic to the tea tree oil, and obviously not use it if you are indeed allergic! If you find the smell too offensive for your sensitive nose, reduce the quantity to 5 drops. I does smell rather strong.
P.s. this doubles up as a refreshing room spray and a deodorant in a pinch (I know I used rose water all over in a sweltering heat in Greece last summer and found myself not needing a deodorant) This would not work for everyday life though. Just wanted to throw the thought out there to make your products work overtime for you :)
And there you have it, your own DIY make up rush cleanser spray! It only costs less than a euro to make and it works great, and now you can ditch those shop bought sprays and save yourself so much money! And spend it where it matters more, for example to buy more make up :)


Please like and share my posts on social media, it really helps to get the green beauty word out - and you will forever have my gratitude! Follow me on my new blog Greenlifeindublin.comBloglovin, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook and YouTube. (someday I will start making YouTube videos, promise!)



Lots of Love,
Renata.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment