Thursday, November 3, 2016

Pure Anada Review

Hi Lovelies,




Welcome back! And welcome, if you are new here 💕💕💕


Pure Anada products, part of my collection

Let me get this straight - Pure Anada is the underdog of this year, because I have been enjoying their products for many months now, but I am yet to review them or properly share my love on the social media! (You can see bits of it here and here). Big whoops!

I am not sure how this Canadian brand came onto my radar last year, but since then I kept seeing Pure Anada things everywhere I looked, and the reviews were glowing, so I told myself I need to try them, I am a blogger after all, cha cha - my excuse for almost anything. The first draw was their liquid foundation, as the only two foundations I had at that time were Kjaer Weis and 100%Pure Healthy Skin Foundation, and both were disappointing in my opinion, (100%Pure clings to any dry patches and highlights rather than hides all your fine lines, definitely not for 30+ ladies, and KW finish and coverage are beautiful, but sadly it breaks me out!) so I was on a lookout for a good natural foundation (don't we all?). Pure Anada have the actual store, but since it is in Canada and I am in Ireland (small matter of the pond between us, really) the only option I had was to order online, and that's exactly what I did. They have their online store (here) and they also sell via etsy, and I used both of them, and I had a couple of products sent to me for a review by the brand.
Pure Anada products are really pure with no fillers, minimal beautiful ingredients, and they do work beautifully, so if you want a nutshell of a review, here it is - I am in love with the products and I will be back. And I need to purchase multiple backups of their mineral foundation as I never want to be without it!
At first I only got a few samples via etsy very reasonably priced, the shipping is a bit slow but also very reasonable at 7 euros, and the sample pots of foundation are filled to the brim, giving you a weeks or two worth of use, hooray or what? In that time you will definitely will be able to tell if the product is for you or not. I got three shades of liquid foundation - Sunkissed Canadian, Pacific Tan and Beige in Bantiff (all turned out to be way to dark for me, oh the joys of internet matching yourself). Well, Sunkissed Canadian just about works for me, but only in summer, and even then it is erring on a semi too dark side of things) two shades of blushes in Pink Orchid (cool toned pink) and Mango Ice (warm orangeish peach) and two shades of their mineral foundation, Pacific Tan and Sunkissed Canadian. This foundation turned to be amazing and dare I say my holy grail when it comes to mineral foundations! Mark my word, this will definitely be it when I will do 2016 Faves post when the time comes. It is so pigmented, you only need one layer of foundation to get the full coverage!!! No more standing and buffing seven layers of minerals like I used to do with some other brands! I soon noticed that I am smiling in every single test photo and I since dubbed it the Smile Test, and that is how I go on about whether to invest in a full size product or not - I photograph myself trying out new product(s) and if I am smiling in the photo, it is much more likely that I will get the full size of it. (I also photograph myself during the course of the day to see how the product lasts or not, but that is besides the point).
Even thought I was looking forward to the liquid foundation initially, it was their powder foundation that I fell in love with, as well as their blushes in those mentioned shades.
Then I contacted the brand to see if they would collaborate with me for a review, and they gracefully sent me their mascara, lip gloss and sample pot of their mineral foundation. And I made a huge 90 dollars (some of you might laugh at "huge" but when you have zero income, it is huge) order on my own via Pure Anada online store, getting a full size (and a refill) of their mineral foundation in the next shade down from Sunkissed Canadian, which is Atlantic Bisque, it turned out to be too light, but more about it in the review portion later on. I also got a full size of a pressed blush in Fresh Mandarin, tapered blending brush, since the shape of it reminded me of Mac 217 (turned out not to be a fave, I find it not as soft as I’d like it to be and the handle is too clunky for my liking, it could be a bit less thick and shorter too), Mayan Magic Balm (review to come, promise) and a bunch of their samples since they are so reasonably priced, so why not, right? I got samples of cream concealer, a bunch of eye shadows and a couple more shades of their blushes (swatches below) and since the Fresh Range Diva gave five star review on their tinted moisturiser, I threw that in for a good measure. Soo, since my order was 90 bucks worth and the tax free limit for EU is 22€ I asked them to mark my order low value, which they sort of did, they marked the package at half the value, but I still got taxed, which is never fun. So if you are from Europe, take this from me and shop small to avoid those dreaded custom taxes, because that coupled with postal “handling fee” raises the price significantly. I know I will when I will order again. I am not sure if all of their products are vegan, but they clearly state it in the description if they are. The company also does skincare and body care, as well as nail polish and adorable sets for little princesses but having extra taxes in mind I won't be trying those, as I can find nice clean brands local to me, unlike make up. If the charges weren't a problem, I would order away for sure.

So let's jump into review portion of it and see what I think of the products and whether I will repurchase them or not.


Add caption

Frustratingly I am in between the shades, but as the formula is that good that I am willing to put up with it, even though I usually hate playing mixologist. But get this - if all the mineral powders bar this one disappeared, I would be ok with it! This foundation offers full coverage and it lasts so well during the day that I don't need any touch ups at all, perfect for me, just paint your face on and go on about for the rest of the day! I have full size (and then some) of Atlantic Bisque, which I already mentioned turned out to be too light on its own, so I mix in Sunkissed Canadian at about 4:1 rate, and that gives me the shade that is about right for me. You won’t find this on their Etsy shop, only their online shop, but they do offer a full size of 10gr of foundation and 10gr of a refill at only 35 dollars, when the foundation itself retails for 25, so I thought that was awesome deal and the sole reason I ordered via their website versus Etsy shop the second time round. And owning 20grams of foundation you are pretty much set for life, unless you are like me and simply NEED to get multiple back us for the fear or ever being without it! Suitable for even most sensitive skins (hello, that is meee!) and that can be said for all of their products.
Ps. if you are pressed powder kind of girl, they have that too.
Ingredients: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Silica, Boron Nitride, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines Note: Deeper, global foundation shades do not contain Titanium Dioxide.

Mango Ice and Pink Orchid, now sadly discontinued!

Coral on the left, Fresh Mandarin on the right

They come in pressed and loose format, in shimmery and matte finishes, so there is plenty to choice for everyone, and at very affordable prices too!
I have a full size of Fresh Mandarin and samples of Pink Orchid, Mango Ice, Tender Twig, Sweet Pea and Coral, all of these you can find swatched above. I am not too happy with the Fresh Mandarin, as it turned out way too orange for my liking, not in any way shortfall of the product, it it just that I expected it to be different, more like Nars Orgasm in a way, that is all. Also the packaging is the problem, as a true cheapskate I ordered a refill, thinking I will get the Z palette soon, which didn't happen and the blush still lives in its cardboard packaging, which is fiddly to open, and I have to be really careful not to dig my nails into it, which I’ve done numerous times. So this coupled with not-so-fave shade means I only used the blush a handful of times, and I will probably end up giving it away as I just don't reach for it. Pity, but that's the realities of ordering online for you, it will probably be different than you expect it to be. The formula is good, very pigmented too  so you only need a small dab in it,and it lasts all day without a bother. If you can find your shade, I definitely recommend it! I myself will probably be purchasing Mango Ice and Pink Orchid in the future, just not now, as I definitely need to finish off some products I already own.Oh man, I just double checked their website and Etsy too, and it looks like both Mango Ice and Pink Orchid are discontinued!!!!! insert crying emoji here! Oh man, this makes me so sad.. In their place company suggests Peony and Camellia, but both of those colours look muddy brown brick type of colours to me, so I am not sure I want those, they look far cry from the ones I wanted.
Ingredients (pressed): Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77499) Calcium Carbonate, Caprylic Triglyceride *Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba seed oil) Ultramarines (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) * Certified Organic Ingredient
Ingredients (loose): Mica,  Silica, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492), Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Manganese Violet (CI 77492)


I have samples in Toasted Almond and Mirage, both of them are nice neutrals. I thought I had some more samples, but I probably was in a sensible mode at the time of ordering, and very rightly so, as a busy mom I rarely wear anything more than everyday neutrals if I do wear eye shadow at all, that's it. Let’s face it, at thirty plus we tend to be set in our ways and I am highly unlikely to start doing intricate eye look now? Well, if you are cut from a different cloth and do like and use five different shadows in one look, then you are in for a treat, they have plenty of options for you, the same beautiful full pigmentation, the same great staying power, all at great price point. If I will go on to get full sizes of shadows, I will stick to the very two I have samples of, as I really do like them a lot. Again, this probably won't happen soon, as I have way too many shadows as it is, not to mention palettes which don't get much love from me.. If you want to see my palette post with swatches, let me know.
Ps. if you are matte or pressed shadows kind of girl, they have that too!
Ingredients: Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77499) Calcium Carbonate, Caprylic Triglyceride *Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba seed oil) Ultramarines (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) * Certified Organic Ingredient


Sunkissed Canadian, Pacific Tan and Beige in Bantiff

This is a very nice product, I have had two samples worth of it to test out (did I mention that they come absolutely packed with product?) and I absolutely loved it. Not so much full coverage as I would like it to be, but this is a very good product indeed. Nice minimal and natural ingredients, medium coverage, long wearing product that didn't cling to any dry patches nor moved on my face, I just applied it in the mornings and off I went to go on about my day, and I didn't have to worry about it. It is very easy to blend too, I used brushes, fingers and sponge, and all methods worked equally well. Nice oils in the formula make it moisturising, and this is exactly what I need. Price is very affordable too, and we love it here in the Green Life In Dublin HQ. Once I will finish up some products I currently own, I will definitely buy this.
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, (Derived from Coconut), Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Organic Jojoba) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Virgin Organic Coconut Oil), Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed Oil), Argania Spinosa (Argan Oil), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn), Cetyl Alcohol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Sorbitol, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate

I have the one in very fair, which didn't make as much lasting impression as the other products did, partly because I am not into tinted moistursers and only wanted to check it out, partly because I didn't find it particularly moisturising on its own, I needed to use other products beside it even in summer. I think the main reason I wanted to check it out was that I was looking for good face SPF product at a time. This retails for 25 bucks on its own, and unlike their powder foundation does not seems to be worth getting extra custom taxes for. So I will leave it.
Ingredients: Aqua, *Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil, *Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Oil, *Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Oil, *Vitis Vinifera (Grapeseed) Oil, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Silica, Boron Nitride, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Sorbitol, *Cymbopogon Flexuosus (Lemongrass), *Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), *Pelargonium x Asperum (Geranium), Leuconostoc/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf/Sorbus Aucuparia Fruit Ferment Filtrate
*Certified Organic Ingredients

Pure Anada mascara

This is nice clean formula everyday mascara, but I wouldn't be repurchasing it for one reason. But let's look at the good bits first, shall we? It is great in a way that it is not expensive, it didn't smudge or flake on me at all, and the ingredients are really good, it is naturally gluten free, mercury free and paraben free, but.. but it only lasted me six weeks. It already smelled a bit funky when I got it, I don't know, maybe I got it from the bad batch or something, but I still continued to use it for the following few weeks, and it dried out on me on a week six. It also didn't wow me as far as volume and the lengthening goes. If you are after good everyday kind of mascara, this would work brilliantly for you, but I like drama in my lashes. 
Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Oryza Sativa Wax (Rice Bran Wax), Olea Europea fruit oil (Olive Oil), Vegetable Source Cetyl Alcohol (Coconut), Coernica Cerifera (Carnauba Wax), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Wax), Vegetable Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Gum, Black Iron oxide (CI 77499),  Aminomethyl Popandiol (Ph Adjuster), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative).








This product is vegan, and it is lovely apart from one teeny tiny thing, it has mint in it, but that is me just nit picking it, see, I don't like anything minty in my products. Apart from that it is gorgeous product and I really enjoy using it. I got it in the Berry shade, which is nice, and I definitely would recommend it. The mintiness does not last long, so I am able to wear it, whereas when I got Modern Minerals lip gloss I had to wipe it away immediately and give away the gloss soon after. This retails for only 7€, so it is nice affordable option.
Ingredients: *Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil, *Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, *Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Euphorbia cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, *Organic Flavor, *Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Essential Oil, Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxide (CI 77491) *Certified Organic

So, what is my verdict?
I have found my holy grail mineral powder foundation and I couldn't be happier about it!!! Man, I so wish I wouldn't get custom charged for my orders, but even so, I will continue to purchase from Pure Anada, as in this case I think it is worth getting taxed. I need to purchase multiple back ups of their foundation, as I never want to be without it! I mean their powder foundation is three times cheaper than Jane Iredale foundation for example, with much cleaner ingredients, and I think you are getting more grams of product too. I like is foundation better than everybody's favourite Alima Pure too, and this alone should be enough of the statement. The other products are nice too, and I would suggest you trying them out. 

*Update in 2019 - not only they are staying in my Top Products years in and years out, but I am loving their new products too - see here.



green life in dublin
Pure Anada products - Green Life In Dublin approved!


My wishlist:
A ton of more mineral powder foundation in Sunkissed Canadian
Pressed powder foundation in Light (they say it matches Sunkissed Canadian)
Cream concealers in Very Fair and Light
Colour Corrector in Sunflower
Lipstick in maybe Tiger Lily or Carnation
Brow Powder in Ash Blonde or Ash Brown
Princess set for my princess. I haven't seen any non toxic kids make up sets in Dublin.

So that is all for today! Have you tried this brand and how do you like their products?

Lots of Love,
Renata.

PS. Pure Anada products did end up as my favourites, you only have to check out my Yearly Favourites of 2016 and 2017 to find that out! I also have a newer review post in 2018 here and I am so pleased to say Pure Anada were nice enough to collaborate with me for an epic giveaway in 2018 as well - it is so nice that a brand you love and support for years, comes to you for a giveaway, which is such a nice way of giving back to my followers! Thank You Pure Anada! #Ilovemyfollowers

No comments:

Post a Comment