Thursday, April 27, 2017

100%Pure Organic Matcha Moisturiser Review

Hi Lovelies,


Welcome back! And if you are new here, welcome ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

100%Pure Organic Matcha Moisturiser


This is another way overdue review, as I got this moisturiser as soon as 100%Pure came out with their collection of certified organic products. That was I don't know, early fall last year? Late fall? You can tell it was fall even by my styling in the photo, all leaves and chestnuts, haha! I remember them having a good deal back then and to get to the limit you need to get the gift, I decided to pick this moisturiser up. It costs 45€ for a standard 2oz or 59ml of product, and as their regular moisturisers cost 40€, I figured extra fiver for a certified organic product is a no brainer. I chose matcha one over the one they recommend for sensitive skin, purely because I am obsessed with all things matcha for the last year or so - drinking it, masking with it anyone? And I assumed all 100%Pure moisturisers should be gentle enough for me, right? Wrong! Now, let me tell you, I have used plenty of their samples of different moisturisers, and they all suited me fine - for a little while I was debating with myself which one to choose to invest in a full size of, and when they came out with their organic range, I brushed all these other ones off in a favour of a new one. Oh boy, what a mistake! Now, if you are with me for any length of time, you know I test new skincare product for at least four to six weeks before I post a review, but in this case I didn't need to test this product for that long to tell it is not for me - upon my first application my skin was red and tingled in a slightly painful or should I say irritated way, but I couldn't admit this to myself, so the next day I tried again, and the same thing happened. My hubby even asked if my face dermatitis came back in a very concerned way, so I immediately went to wash it off. My skin reacted in a red irritated bumps kind of way, and these were hard to heal. When I finally healed my skin five days later, I tried again, only to experience the same familiar irritation. And I did try once more two weeks later. And one more time another week later. See, I never learn!
In those weeks in between I tried to use it as a (very expensive) hand cream, but I often found myself scratching my hands absentmindedly, until it dawned on me my hands must be irritated by it too. At the same time my girlfriend called looking for moisturiser (my friends say they are not interested in my green skincare, and yet they are always happy to take my cast offs) so I happily gifted it to her. She has normal non reactive skin, and she had zero problems with it, and recently has asked for more! Nice try love, you will have to get your own :)
Now, because it didn't suit my uber sensitive skin, it does not make it a bad product, I am very well aware I am in a tiny minority of people with my skin like that. I feel everyone else should be fine? I don't know what caused the irritation in the product, the ingredient list seemed fine to me, and I don't have any problems with the matcha itself, I happily mask with it every single week.
And before any of my US readers tell me I should have returned it, well, the same rules does not apply to us EU folks, we can't return anything here in EU. 100%Pure ship all the products from US, even if you buy from their Canadian, European or UK website, until very recently they weren't clear about this, but now they updated their website to include this information - you will see this only after you will pay for your order, otherwise this info is nowhere to be seen. So make no mistake - if you buy from their German, EU or UK leg of the website, it does not mean your products will be shipped from within EU - they are always shipped from US, and it explains why some of us get those hefty custom charges if we place bigger orders. (I was told they have a warehouse in the UK where they hold a limited amount of stock, but I am not sure how much of that is true).
So having that in mind I probably could have argued with them about the return of the product, but as we all know, postage over the pond would have cost me as much as the product itself (I tried to send something back to them once, and they told me they require registered shipping, which costs 40€. I sent is by non registered mail at 7.50€, which naturally got lost) so there were no point of doing it anyway, and I had to write it as a loss of money. Not total loss in general, because I got another valuable lesson of what not to buy in the future, plus I was able to bring this review for you guys.
 
Organic Matcha Moisturiser by 100%Pure

Ingredients:
Glacial Water infused with Camellia Sinensis (Organic Green Tea)*, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Xanthan Gum, Persea Gratissima (Organic Avocado) Oil*, Cetyl Palmitate (Plant Fatty Acid), Hippophae Rhamnoides (Organic Sea Buckthorn) Oil*, Vegetable Glycerin, Coconut Stearic Acid, Hypericum Perforatum (Organic St. Johnรข€™s Wort) Oil*, Rosa Moschata (Organic Rosehip) Seed Oil*, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Calendula Officinalis (Organic Calendula) Oil*, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder (Matcha Green Tea), Berberis Aquifolium (Organic Oregon Grape) Root Extract*, Borago Officinalis (Organic Borage) Oil*, Oenothera Biennis (Organic Primrose) Oil*, Daucus Carota (Organic Carrot) Seed Oil*, Lentinus Edodes (Organic Shiitake) Extract*, Ganoderma Lucidum (Organic Reishi) Extract*, Fucus Vesiculosus (Organic Seaweed) Extract*, Usnea Barbata (Organic Lichen) Extract*, Centella Asiatica (Organic Gotu Kola) Extract*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Organic Shea Butter)*, Theobroma Cacao (Organic Cocoa) Seed Butter*, Camellia Sinensis (Organic Green Tea) Leaf Extract*, Aspalathus Linearis (Organic Rooibos) Extract*, Euterpe Oleracea (Organic Acai) Fruit Oil*, Lycium Barbarum (Organic Goji) Fruit Extract*, Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10), Alpha-Lipoic Acid (Antioxidant), Olive Squalane, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Natural Flavor, Glucose Oxidase (Sugar Enzyme) & Lactoperoxidase (Milk Enzyme) *Certified Organic 

Have you tried this cream? I hope your experience was better than mine? Please share with me, I would love to know!

P.s. Although this cream didn't suit me, I happily use many products from them, I will list more posts on this brand down below. Recently I counted no less than 16 posts of 100%Pure products alone on my IG page, it surely must be love? (sometimes hate when the products expires on me sooner than I want it to, not going to lie). And I nearly fell off my chair when my "Princess Fiona" aka Green Tea mask selfie made it into 2016 Most Liked Instagram post (see it here if you're interested).

 
Green Life in Dublin loves 100%Pure

I am forever forgetting to ask you to like and share my posts (if you like them of course) - as I don't pay anything to Google, Instagram and the like, my posts are invisible to the people who don't follow me already, and I would like to reach bigger audience. Pretty please?? You will have my forever gratitude.



That is all for today,
Lots of Love,
.
.
Disclaimer: i bought the product with my own moolah and opinions are my own. Clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment