Thursday, June 1, 2017

Ere Perez Natural Cosmetics Review



Hello Lovelies,



Welcome back! And if you are new here, welcome 💕💕💕


Today I am coming at you with a review of natural make up from Ere Perez line. I've had my eye on this brand for ages, and when I got a chance to try it, I jumped in with both feet, because that's what you do, don't you?


Ere Perez natural cosmetics review


I will review three products today, Bondi blush, Arnica concealer in Light and Lip Bar in Love. All of these items came from LoveLula and I am so happy they are are available here in Europe, because Ere Perez is Australian brand, and buying directly from them would incur me a rather hefty custom charges. Yes, I've learned my lesson already. Anyway, this post is not about charges but review of the products, so let's jump right in, shall we?


Ere Perez blush in Bondi, concealer in Light and lipbar in Love

 Ere Perez was started by Ere, a Mexican born lady who crossed the oceans to go live in gorgeous Sydney, Australia, and who brought her passion (and heritage) of natural living with her. It is  Australian owned company who pride ourselves in producing healthy, natural make-up.

Their carefully selected premium quality ingredients (oils, plant extracts and minerals) are blended with antioxidants to create a gentle, highly effective natural make-up solutions with active ingredients, loaded with vitamins and organic oils and natural colour pigments to suit all skin types. No products contain perfumes or chemical colourants. Not tested on animals, which is important for us, right?
Now that we know a bit about the company and that they are available here, let's see for individual products, shall we?


Ere Perez Bondi blush swatch


Ere Perez Pure Rice Powder Blush - Bondi Blush

This was the initial draw for me to try the brand - this reminds me of my previously loved Nars Orgasm - an item that I found hardest to replace and clung onto the most. Thankfully I found many natural dupes for it (see post here) and I am happy to report that this Bondi blush is a close dupe and I am really happy to be adding this to my collection! You get a whopping 15gr of product, so God only knows when I will finish it up, but I will try my best to do so. It has two sides to it, matte side and more luminous shimmery side to it, both of which you can use individually if you prefer, but I tend to swirl my brush in it mixing both colours together to apply. It has SPF15 (great or what?) and it is medium pigmented blush, so if you are afraid of blushes, this might be the one for you, you can use very little or build it up to your liking. What you can see in the photo up here is the matte side swatched up top, luminous side in the middle and both of them mixed together. None of the photos are retouched in any way, so what you see here is what you get. On me it lasts a decent amount of time, it is still there at the end of full day, I don't have to reapply anything. I think it is great product and I do certainly enjoy it. If you are not a fan of coral/peachy shades, there are more to choose from of course.

Ingredients:
Native rice (oryza sativa) starch, mica, zinc stearate, caprylic /capric triglyceride, isoamyl laurate, triheptanoin, potassium sorbate. May contain: +/- iron oxides, CI77891.

I've run a EWG report on this product (something I always do, but so far I rarely included it in my blog reviews) and it came up with a score of 2. Not bad at all, huh? I take Skin Deep Database with a grain of salt, because like everything on this planet it has flaws, but I am certainly happy it exists. In this case it find potassium sorbate as the most flawed ingredient (score of 3 if you are worried), and both isoamyl laurate and triheptanoin got score of 1. 



Ps. Find more swatches in my Green Beauty Swatch Gallery on my Facebook page here and Pinterest board here.
With time I will swatch and put out everything I own. Hopefully you will find those swatches helpful when choosing the products!


Ere Perez arnica concealer in Light swatched
 
Ere Perez Amazing Arnica Concealer - Light


I decided to try this to see if it will match my beloved Hynt Beauty concealer (see the post here) and I was intrigued by the arnica in it, not gonna lie. I've done some reviews and I knew about stickiness of the product, which didn't put me off; and when my blogger pal Balanced Beauty Bristol made a video reviewing some Ere Perez products, she described it as a full coverage concealer, which sealed the deal for me further. And what can I say? I like this product a lot! Full coverage is what I need for my dark under eye circles, and it works really well for me. If you saw me in any of my make up free selfies on Instagram, you know I have some real estate there, and unfortunately my dark circles are hereditary, so no amount of sleep/rest/exercise/being outside/all the green smoothies in the world can cure. I've tried many concealers and many of them failed in terms of coverage. This concealer has two sides to it, one is way too light and the other, slightly darker one is what works for me. I am not as pale as people think, and I used to get all too pale shades on myself too, but I quickly learned my lesson. Obviously there is always a risk when buying make up online, but in this case thankfully it paid off, and I happily use the concealer daily since I got it. It became one of my daily staples - even if I am not wearing any make up at all, which is most days if I am honest (I don't get dolled up for the school run) I will always apply this concealer, mascara and brows. And sunscreen obviously. So yes, really happy with this product. It also lasts a decent amount of time on me, and I don't set it at all. If you are toying with the idea of getting this, bear in mind it is sticky indeed, but as I said it is not a deal breaker for me. Oh, and you get 10gr of product. There is one important thing to mention here too, at the time that I got it, I was using an oil serum for my undereyes, both morning and night, and this concealer didn't crease one bit on me, so I was thinking "oh happy days, finally a non-creasing concealer!" and was ready to give you all glowing review, but soon after I started using an eye cream in the mornings, and I noticed it creasing a bit. So I wanted to let you guys know, I think it is important to point this out. EWG report also gave this a score of two, meaning very low on toxicity. A score indeed.

Ingredients:
Caprylic/capric/ lauric triglyceride, castor (ricinus communis) oil, magnesium aluminium silicate, titanium dioxide, candelilla (euphorbia cerifera) wax, ozokerite, triheptanoin, avocado (persea gratissima) oil, grape (vitis vinifera) seed oil, arnica (arnica montana) extract, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin e), potassium sorbate. May contain: +/- iron oxides.



Ere Perez Lipbar in Love


Ere Perez Real Rosehip Oil Lipbar - Love (SPF15)

I was debating between this and one of the lipsticks, but seeing that the lipbars have SPF15 I quickly made up my mind. Even though I am religious about the sunscreen, I always burn my lips, because I am constantly forgetting to put SPF on them and I've paid the price for it more than once. So this little beauty will accompany me everywhere this summer. Really clean ingredients (do I even have to say that at this point?), I love that it does not leave a white cast on my lips, a first for me! It is not super moisturising, but I don't mind, because you have to keep reapplying your SPF throughout the day anyway. The colour is sheer, but it builds up quite nicely if you want it to be more intense. Next time I'll buy this I will go for the different colour though, on me Love looks like 80s pink or Barbie pink, and I am not really a fan of that on it's own. It makes me think of Barbie Dreamhouse or something. And I am old enough to remember 80s. The way I go around it is by using my Axiology Noble lipstick on top, which pulls brown on me (and also does not quite work for me) and the mixture of two gives me entirely different wearable colour. Trust me to play many different ways with my products :)
And here's the good news - it is rated as 1 on EWG!! Great or what?

Ingredients:
Castor (ricinus communis) oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, candelilla (euphorbia cerifera) wax, rosehip (rosa rubiginosa) oil, carnauba (copernicia cerifera) wax, tridecyl trimellitate, ozokerite, tocopherol (vitamin E) May contain: +/– iron oxides, CI 77019, CI 77891.


I think I covered all the bases for what I had to say. If I missed something please feel free to let me know, as well as if you have any questions about products, I am always happy to help.

If you want to get Ere Perez products, I suggest you order via LoveLula, I have used this website for more than 5 years and never once has a problem with anything, orders are always on point, never mixed up or missing and they ship fast too.
I myself I am eyeing more products from the range, 
namely their Almond mascara (it says it is smudge proof and water resistant - umm, yes please!), Oat Milk Foundation in light to medium (description says it is suitable for sensitive skin, is long lasting and non greasy), Jojoba Oil Eye Pencil (again, suitable for sensitive eyes, well, hello that's me!), next time I am getting Lipbar in Nude, Rich Olive Oil Lipstick in Birthday, and their Rice Powder Blush in Rose Tones is calling my name too :)



That is all for today, thanks for reading! Have you tried any of Ere Perez cosmetics and what do you think of them? Please share!


* Update a couple of months later: the concealer duo as it is is no longer sold, they came out with single pots of it, which contain propylene carbonate in it which is a little surprising, so it is up to you to decide if you are ok with it or not).

Lots of Love,
Renata.


 Love Lula related posts:



 
Connect with me:







Please make my day and like and share my posts and subscribe on other social media channels. Many thanks 💕




Ps. The products came via LLABP programme. You can't use any of my photos or text without my permission first.



1 comment:

  1. Little video of the blush can be seen on my IG page here:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BWLdAZjBjOd/?taken-by=green_life_in_dublin

    ReplyDelete