Sunday, June 25, 2017

My Toners And Mists Collection (And Wishlist too)



Hi Lovelies,



Welcome back! And if you are new here, welcome ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Green Beauty mists and facial toners

Hope you are all well? The summer is finally gracing us, even in this part of the word, thanks goodness for that! The heatwave is most definitely over after three days, but it is still relatively warm. Hoping it to last more than a week this time round - because that's exact amount of time we had it last year. We have a inner joke here in Ireland - "Remember those two days of summer we had? No? Me neither." If you live here or in UK, you will understand.

Anyways, this post is not about non existent summer, but about facial mists and toners, my current collection and my thoughts on the products too. This post is inspired by Instagram posts where people show their stash of green beauty products in each category. I wanted to share my love for facial mists for a while now, so here it is! After ignoring facial mists (and toners) for the last one hundred years I dove deep into it, and before I knew it, I acquired quite a collection. I love all of them for different reasons, and I will be repurchasing all of them at some point. Just as it is a new thing to me, at first I have to run wild and see what else is available. Wait till you see my wishlist! Oh, the addictive nature of human beings.. No? Just me then? Oh well :)


In no particular order, I am sharing my products with you.


Jane Iredale D2O and Pommist Hydration Sprays


I am bundling those together because of the brand even though the products are quite different. They both work well for my sensitive skin, but I have to say D2O is my fave of the two, simply because of what it does to my skin. It smells quite unique because of ylang ylang in it, I have to tell you, so if you are not fond of "grandma's room" type of smells and if you are looking for a nice scent in your facial mist, then I would suggest going for Pommist one. Jane Iredale came of with more hydration sprays, and I am yet to look into them. If you want to try them, thankfully they do minis, so you can try those before you invest in a full size of it. I have a review of them and some other J.Iredale products here if you want to take a look? Find the ingredients in that post too. I should also add that the mister part on it is fabulous, it sprays finest mist, while with some other brands products you get that "garden hose" feeling when it sprays (squirts) too much product into one area of the face, where you are left soaking wet (and with possibly ruined make up) and have to distribute the liquid very quickly with your fingers in order of not getting it dripping onto your clothes. I am sure many of you know what I am talking about! Yeah, no such problems with Jane Iredale products, whoever designed the packaging, did a very good job and gets a thumbs up from me! I heard that Josh Rosebrook Hydration Accelerator has the finest mist spraying nozzle too, and I am very curious to compare. More on it in a second. Back to JI mists. Because of that fine spraying nozzle, the products last for months too - when I received those I wasn't overly happy as I wanted other products instead (and I used to use only rose water as face mist/toner), so I was thinking, oh great, these will be wasted, why would I want to pay 30€ for those when I am happy with my rose water? So I reluctantly started to use them at the start of winter to see if they would help me with my skin going haywire with the seasonal changes, and I fell in love! Had to eat my words immediately and now I am a big fan. The D2O is gone for some time now (it lasted me whole winter, using only that product day in and day out multiple times a day - it worked great, and I was convinced those 30€ are actually money well spent as it will last you for months) and I kept the packaging to decant my other products into. It houses DermaBoost mist now. Pommist is on it's last leg too, and I am also keeping the packaging to decant my Pure Anada Marine Toner into.



Pure Anada Marine Minerals Hydrating Toner


I love it! Correction, love the way it makes my skin feel and the ingredients, but the spray nozzle could do with improvement, and that is exactly why I decanted it. I am a big fan of Pure Anada, you can find my review on their mineral make up here, and I am currently trying their hand and body lotion too, as well as brow powder in Cinder. Most likely to review them, and if not, keep an eye on my IG page for mini reviews or something like that. Or they will end up in Favourites or Empties posts at some time in the future. Affordable. 


Ingredients:
*Aloe barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, *Ascophyllum Nodosum (Kelp) Extract, *Aphanizomenon Flos Aquae ( Blue Green Algae) Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Salix nigra (Black Willowbark) Extract, Sodium Chloride (Dead Sea Salt), Citric Acid.





Morningstar Minerals Derma Boost Rejuvenating Spray Mist


This is a absolute bargain compared to most of the mists here, and I love the fact that it is only two ingredients! It is available from Amazon. Loving minimal ingredients too, it is only two of them, fulvic minerals and purified water! But make no mistake in thinking it is got nothing in it or that it doesn't do anything - it has a huge list of trace minerals in it, and my skin just looves this mist in the heat of the summer!



Isun Ormus Myst

I have to confess this product is now empty, but definitely on my "to repurchase" list, and I am very definitely getting it someday! I enjoyed it tremendously at the time that I had it, and I even did a insta story when it ran out, completed with crying emoji and all that. Gorgeous really natural ingredients (like all the products from ISUN Skincare UK) and I was definitely intrigued by these mystical Ormus spheres in the mist - it is one of the signature ISUN products because of it. And this mist goes far beyond your regular mist, it is infused with gemstone energy and the bottle houses a clear quartz crystal too, how about that for a special touch? You can find more thoughts in a review here.

Ingredients:
Aqua (spring water infused with gemstone energy); Rosa centifolia (rose) flower extract; Jasminum sambac (jasmine) flower extract; Boswellia sacra (frankincense) oil; Embedded clear quartz crystal.



Lotus Wei Infinite Love Aura Mist

This is not technically a face mist but an aura mist, but I am including here in the post, because it is a mist nonetheless and I do definitely enjoy it every day. I have an old review of Lotus Wei products here if you want to check it out? I have to say I fell in love with Lotus Wei products, and they were first flower remedies to work for me. I went on to purchase full size of Infinite Love anointing oil as well as the mist, and Joy Juice elixir. I forever want to have them, even though they are a stretch on my practically-non-existent play budget. (and they seem to shoot up in price since my last purchase. Gulp.)

Ingredients:
Essential oils of *Citrus deliciosa (Red Mandarin), *Pelargonium roseum (Rose Geranium), Monarda fistulosa (Monarda), Cymbopogon citrates (Lemongrass), Rosa damascena (Rose absolute), Rosa damascena (Rose Wax), and Apies millifera (Beeswax Absolute), and hand-collected flower essences of Bauhinia blakeana (Hong Kong Orchid), Epilobium augustifolium (Fireweed), Magnolia liliflora (Pink Magnolia), Hieracium aurantiacum (Hawkweed), Nelumbo nucifera (Lotus) and gem essence of Pink Tourmaline in pure water. *Certified Organic. Excellent for children.

๐Ÿ’• ๐Ÿ’• ๐Ÿ’• ๐Ÿ’• ๐Ÿ’• 


And now for my wishlist. Are You ready? Because of that addictive nature of a human being, I want not one, not two, but whole five six mists! No? Just me then? Oh, well, just trying :)





1. Madara Time Miracle Cellular Nutrients Toning Mist

This caught my eye when I was researching toners and mists on LoveLula website, and the draw for this particular product was that the base for this mist is birch juice (or birch water as it is called here). I thought that is so cool, and I definitely want to try it. And yes please to hyaluronic acid in everything! This retails at 20£ for 100ml.

Ingredients:
Betula Alba (birch) Juice Aloe Barbadensis Glycerin Trifolium Pratense Hippophae Rhamnoides Galium Verum Vaccinium Myrtillus Alchemilla Vulgaris Betaine Sodium PCA Benzyl Alcohol Aroma Sodium Benzoate Potassium Sorbate Citric Acid Equisetum Arvense Aesculus Hippocastanum Sodium Hyaluronate Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid Undaria Pinnatifida Extract.



2. DrAlkaitis Organic Soothing Gel


This I had no intention of buying because of the high price tag (56£ for 120ml, for me it is eye wateringly expensive), but I received a sample of it in the green beauty swap, and I fell head over heels in love with it! So amazing for less-than-perfect inflamed skin, it has done wonders! The week I tried it I was having a dermatitis breakout on my face due to accidentally glutening myself, and nothing was working, not even my beloved Mahalo Rare Indigo balm was helping much, so at my wits end I reached for it, and lo behold, my skin was back to normal in two days, no kidding! It has done wonders for the redness too, and the ingredients are amazing. So I need to convince myself to spend that much cash on it. The results I got were incredible, so I think I will go on to buy this before I will get any others from my wishlist.

Ingredients:
base of aloe vera gel*, witch hazelยบ and grape alcohol* (from the fermentation of organically grown grapes) the following herbs are blended: greater nettle*, german chamomileยบ, myrrhยบ, european elder*, sweet weed*, french lavender*, curacao orange*, benzoinยบ, rosemary*, olibanumยบ, Italian fennelยบ, balm mint*, sea oakยบ, atlantic kelpยบ and red seaweedยบ. We also added natural vitamin B and C complexes and 100% pure essential oils. * certified grown ยบ ethically wild-crafted.


3. Josh Rosebrook Hydrating Accelerator

At the time of this post going live, I caved in and finally purchased this mist, so technically it should be moved up to another section, but I haven't received it yet. I wanted it for so long, I am yet to come across a bad review on it, it seems to be a cult fave in the green beauty community and naturally I wanted a slice of it too. We shall see if it will live up to the claims? Fingers crossed I will love it, it has so many great ingredients in it. Admitedly I am a bit worried about aloe, as I tend to react to it sometimes. Fingers crossed.

Ingredients:
*Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, *Jojoba Oil, †Marula Oil, *Evening Primrose Oil, *Hemp Seed Oil, *Borage Seed Oil, *Almond Oil, *Grape Seed Oil, *Sesame Oil, *Sea Buckthorn Oil, *Goji Berry, *Ashwaganda, *Calendula, *Black Cohosh, *Dandelion, *Fo Ti Root, *Alfalfa, *Bilberry, *Rosemary, *Turmeric, *Elderberry, *Raspberry Leaf, *Burdock, *Chamomile, *Rose Hips, *Eyebright, *Beetroot, *St. John’s Wort, * Hawthorne Berry, *Chickweed, *Licorice, *Coriander, *Horse Chestnut, *Lavender, *Red Clover, *Olive Leaf, *Sage, *Thyme, *Vitamin E, *Guar Gum, *Gum Arabic, §XanthanGum, §PotassiumSorbate, *Vanilla Extract, †YlangYlang Essential Oil, †Rosemary Essential Oil, †Eucalyptus Essential Oil, †Bergamot Essential Oil, †Carrot Seed Essential Oil



4. Esse Probiotic Skincare Toner Plus

This is available from LoveLula and it is a rather damn pricy at £29.50 for 100ml, but I have to try a probiotic toner at least once, haven't I? 95% of organic ingredients don't hurt :) I will let you know of the results later on.

Ingredients:
Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract*, Inulin*, Adansonia Digitata (Baobab) Fruit Extract*, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Polymnia Sonchifolia Root Juice, Maltodextrin, Lactobacillus, Citrus Aurantium (Neroli) Flower Oil*, Sodium Citrate, Salicylic Acid, Lactic Acid, Levulinic Acid, Sodium Levulinate, Glycerin, Aqua (Water), Glyceryl Caprylate, Vanilla Planifolia Extract, Geraniol***, Citral***, Linalool***, Limonene***, Citronellol*** *ingredients from organic farming ***component of natural essential oils 99.9% of the total ingredients are from natural origin 99.9% of the vegetable ingredients are from Organic Farming 95% of the total ingredients are from Organic Farming



5. Natural Wisdom Vitamin C Facial Toner with Hyaluronic Acid

Can we get hallelujah for the sound of this? Another part of the draw is the affordable price (15£ for 50ml) and it comes in Miron glass bottle, no less! Natural Wisdom is new company on my radar, so I need to do my research on them, to see who they are, ethos of the company and the purity level of the ingredients they use. I also want a ton on their solid perfumes - I added about 10 or 15 of them to my cart before emptying it, and I'll leave this for later times, for when I will run out of some of the products I currently own. I don't like having too many things open at once, it freaks me out.

Ingredients:
*(geranium) flower water, punica granatum (pomegranate) fruit extract, *symphytum officinalis (comfrey) root extract), sodium ascorbyl phosphate (Vitamin C), *aloe vera leaf powder, sodium hyaluronate (hyaluronic acid) powder, benzyl alcohol, salicylic acid, glycerine, sorbic acid. *certified organic ingredient.



6. Amly Digital Detox Facial Mist & Radiance Boost Facial Mist

Again, pooling those together because they are coming from the same brand. I am really interested in the fact that it has colloidal silver in it, and I have heard it takes them six weeks to make it, so it is comforting to know they are not taking water with some essential oils and some nice extracts and slapping a luxury price tag on it. (42£ for 50ml for each of them). One day this will be mine, I am not sure when that day will come though.

Ingredients: (slighthly different for both)
Aqua, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (***Sweet Orange) Flower Water, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Water, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Lactobacillus Ferment, Aloe Barbadensis (***Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract, Glycerin (Vegetable), Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Seed Oil, Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Flower Extract, Hypericum Perforatum (St John’s Wort) Leaf Extract, Alchemilla Vulgaris (Lady’s Mantle) Leaf Extract, Hibiscus Sabdariffa (Hibiscus Berry) Flower Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Fruit Extract, Crataegus Monogyna (Hawthorn Berry) Fruit Extract, Sambucus Nigra (Elderflower) Flower Extract, Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Hydrolysed Hyaluronic Acid, Bis (Tripeptide-1) Copper Acetate, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Peptide, *Citrus Aurantium (Neroli) Flower Oil, *Tilia Cordata (Linden) Flower Oil, *Rosa Damascena (Rose Otto) Flower Oil, *Boswellia Carteri (Olibanum) Gum Oil, *Jasminum Grandiflorum (Jasmine) Absolute Flower Oil, *Matricaria Chamomilla, Glucose, Benzyl Alcohol, Selaginella Lepidophylla Extract, Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate, Silver Citrate, Citric Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, **Limonene, **Linalool, **Geraniol, **Citral, **Farnesol, **Citronellol, **Benzyl Benzoate
*Natural Pure Essential Oils **Potential Allergens ***Certified Organic Ingredients




So there you have it, my mists and wishlists :) What are you using at the moment and how do you like it? Please share with me, I want to know!







Don't forget to enter my GIVEAWAY (now closed!) if you are from EU, and my international friends, stay tuned, because I *might* have an international giveaway soon! My lips are sealed for now :)





Tata for now!

Lots of love,
Renata.





Connect with me:















Disclaimer: after some recent event I decided to add that you can't use any of my photos without my permission. I want people to know that any of my blog photos are my property and not public domain. I am happy to let brands or web shops use them as long as they give photo credit tracing back to me. Not asking before and not giving photo credit = not cool.
.
Enjoy my content? Any contribution to my PayPal Tip Jar -  will get You my eternal gratitude and more awesome green beauty reviews Your way! I weed out all the greenwashing products so You won't have to :)
.

.

.

.


No comments:

Post a Comment